ISU has negotiated a special agreement with Enterprise Rent A Car for vehicle rentals to or from Ames and the Des Moines Airport. Any University employee over 21* may take advantage of this offer for business travel by showing a university identification card and a valid driver's license. If you have any questions concerning this program, please contact Cindy Braatz at 515-294-5641.
*A driver between the ages of 21 and 25 can rent a vehicle if this driver has transferable insurance coverage.
Rental and Drop-off Procedures during Normal Business Hours
- To make reservations, fax an Enterprise Intramural Form to 515-294-4838. A reservation confirmation number will be faxed back to your department after the vehicle is booked. Because these rentals are booked as one-way trips, be certain to make reservations for both your outbound and inbound trips (leaving from and returning back to Ames).
- Ames rental vehicles 1) may be picked up at the Enterprise 1817 E. Lincoln Way office or 2) Enterprise will transport vehicle renter from home or office to the Ames Enterprise office to sign for the vehicle. (To request Option 2, dial 1-800-RENTACAR (1-800-736-8222) and press 1 at the prompt.) Forms will be ready to sign at the Enterprise office. The rate is the normal daily rate (listed below), and insurance is included in this rate.
- In Des Moines, drive to the Enterprise Rent A Car office at 5800 Fleur Drive (in the airport terminal).
- To pick up a vehicle when at the Des Moines Airport and ready to return to Ames, walk to the Enterprise counter near baggage claim to sign for the vehicle.
- Upon arrival in Ames, drive to the Enterprise 1817 E. Lincoln Way office. An Enterprise employee will drive traveler home or to the office.
NOTE: Special arrangements sometimes may be made for after-hours vehicle pickup, however, providing after-hours service is not guaranteed under this agreement. Any arrangements for after-hours vehicle pickup must be made in advance with the Enterprise office providing the vehicle.
Enterprise Rent A Car Office Hours
|Ames Enterprise Hours:
Local Phone Number:
|7:30 am - 6:00 pm
9:00 am - 1:00 pm
|Des Moines Enterprise Hours
Local Phone Number:
|7:30 am - 11:30 pm
7:00 am - 11:00 pm
7:00 am- 11:00 pm
After-Hours Vehicle Drop-off
In Ames If returning a vehicle after hours in Ames, park the vehicle in the Enterprise parking lot at 1817 E. Lincoln Way. Use the Key Drop box.
One-Way Des Moines Airport Rates (to or from the airport) - Business Use Only
Must be Booked by Contacting Transportation Services
Intermediate / Mid-size
12-15 Passenger Van
All rates above are exclusive of taxes and fees.
Public Shuttle Service
3358 Southway Drive
St. Cloud, MN 56301
888-522-9899 or www.executiveexpress.biz
Rates: See their website for current rates.
Billing: ISU employees are required to pay personally and be reimbursed after the trip in Employee Reimbursements in AccessPlus. The Purchasing Card may be used for guests and students. Arrangements for large groups can be set up for direct bill, and a purchase order will be issued.
When flying out of the Des Moines Airport, there are several options for parking locations.
The Airport Short-term Parking Lot is $1.00 per 1/2 hour with a maximum of $24 in a 24-hour period.
The Airport Long-term Parking Lot is $2.00 per hour with a maximum of $12 in a 24-hour period.
The Airport Economy Parking Lots are $2.00 per hour with 24-hour maximums of $5.00 in Economy Lot 1, $6.00 in Economy Lot 2, and $9.00 in Economy Lot 3. Free shuttles run to and from the airport terminal 24 hours a day. The Des Moines Airport parking rates listed above were last updated on this site on May 1, 2012. For the most current rates, click here.
The Keck Parking Lot is $0.50 per hour with a maximum of $5.25 in a 24-hour period for an identified ISU traveler with tickets purchased through Travel and Transport. The Keck Parking Lot is located on Fleur Drive and also has a free shuttle to and from the airport terminal 24 hours a day.
This page was last updated on October 31, 2017.