Iowa State University

Payroll Office

Payroll Deductions

The following deductions are allowed from your Iowa State University pay check.

Benefit deductions--for help with the following go to the Human Resources Office in 3810 Beardshear

  • Retirement programs--IPERS and TIAA/CREF
  • Group life, hospitalization and dental insurance
  • Tax Shelter Annuities
  • Roth IRA
  • Flex - Medical
  • Flex - Child Care
  • Long Term Care Insurance
  • Vision Insurance

Charitable Contributions
  • Iowa State University Foundation contributions
  • United Way campaign

Personal Deductions
  • Parking permits -- Permits may be obtained at the Parking Division at 27 Armory, 294-3388

  • Van pool -- To sign up for the van pool or cancel riding the van pool go to Transportation Services on Haber Road, 294-3414

  • University bills -- Any bills charged through the university system, such as tuition, residence halls fees, recreation services fees and parking fines can be taken out of your pay check. Contact Accounts Receivable at 0880 Beardshear, 294-7388 for more information.

  • Greater Iowa Credit Union -- You will need to go to the Credit Union to sign up or drop deductions. They are located at 801 Lincoln Way, 2623 Northridge Parkway and 110 Airport Road, 232-6310