The Financial Accounting & Reporting Office is located on the first floor of the Administrative Services Building.
Office hours are: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm during the academic year;
7:30 am to 4:00 pm during the summer and breaks.
The Financial Accounting & Reporting (FAR) staff provides financial management services to the University
community in the following areas:
- Establishment of new accounts*
- Management of self-supporting fee-for-service operations
- User support for the University's Hyperion financial management database application
- Sub-Accounts (formerly project accounting system)
- Equipment Inventory
- State Agency Consulting services
- Access to WebFM for fiscal years prior to 14
- Access to KFS starting fiscal year 14
- Financial reports and surveys
We are here to help answer questions and provide guidance. If you need information about the University's
financial operations or assistance with any of the areas listed above, please let us know.
* To establish a sponsored programs (4XX) account, with the exception of Foundation parallel accounts, please contact the Office of Sponsored Programs
Administration (OSPA), instead of the FAR staff.
How to Contact Us
Financial Accounting & Reporting Office
Iowa State University
1620 Administrative Services Building
2221 Wanda Daley Dr.
Ames, IA 50011-1004