Student Purchasing Card Program
Brought to you by Campus Org Accounting, Iowa State University and US Bank
Steps to obtain a US Bank Purchasing Card (P-Card)
- Complete an application
- Obtain signatures and submit to Campus Org Accounting (COA), 1580J Memorial Union
- COA approves application and orders your card
- COA receives your card, matches it to the application and programming begins.
Programming? Yes, your card must be programmed so that when transactions come to ISU
from US Bank wanting a payment, we know who needs to electronically approve the transaction
so ISU does not pay erroneously.
- The Student P-Card Administrator will contact you via email regarding training opportunities.
Each person with a role in the p-card system must complete the online training module in Canvas.
These include the cardholder,
the treasurer and the advisor of the organization.
- Cardholder must be a current officer of a recognized student organization
- Cardholder must be a current student at ISU
- Any officer within the organization is eligible to apply
- Two officers within an organization may hold a card; more if needed (e.g. travel)
- One application per card applicant
- Financial account must be in good standing
- Student Organization must be in good standing
- Original, itemized receipts must be scanned and attached to electronic transaction in AccessPlus
- Advisors must retain receipts of $200 or greater for one (1) year for review
- Training is mandatory for all participants with a role in the system
- You may not share the card with another officer
- No trademarked items to be purchased without approval through Trademark.
Other policies are explained in the Canvas training module.