Petty Cash Funds
- Purposes of a Petty Cash Fund
- Petty cash funds are used primarily for making change for sales, or for paying small amounts (less than $100.00) to research participants. Amounts of $100.00 or more paid to research participants should be on a Disbursement Voucher (DV). For other purposes, it is preferable to utilize a Purchasing Card or the Employee Reimbursement System, rather than a petty cash fund.
- Establishing (or Increasing) a Petty Cash Fund
- Replenishing a Petty Cash Fund
- Closing (or Reducing) a Petty Cash Fund
- Reporting Petty Cash Losses or Theft
- Responsibilities of Petty Cash Custodians
- Petty Cash Funds Requiring Checking Accounts for Disbursements
- Sponsored Programs Accounts (4XX-XXXX)
- The examples in the links above focus primarily on 907-XXXX funds. There also can be Non-Travel Project Advances to ISU Employees or Advances to Foreign Subcontractors or Foreign Individuals. Please contact your Sponsored Programs Accounting accountant for questions regarding advances from 4XX-XXXX accounts.
This page was last updated August 16, 2016.
Back to the Disbursements / Vendor Payments